Quick Tips for avoiding Tummy Bugs
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand santiser to help destroy the germs on your hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly, especially the surfaces that people often touch with their hands (e.g. door handles, taps and work surfaces).
- Kill germs and prevent cross-contamination by cleaning up spills of body fluids such as vomit or faeces as soon as they happen. Disinfecting these areas not only prevents germ growth, it keeps these germs from spreading to other food, hands, and kitchen surfaces.
- Prepare and store food correctly, to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.